May 1, 2014

Nearing the end..

My first attempt at knitting
Easter at our house
After nearly two months of intense treatment, a hell of a lot of food and many tears I am coming to the end of my inpatient treatment at the clinic. Not to say the work is done and I am fixed or "better". My blood cells and blood pressure are still far from good 
but this is going to take time to heal. 
Once I leave and return to the Wairarapa, the hard work begins. Doing it for myself will be the hardest bit and maintaining all the weight I have gained is vital if I want to remain out of hospital and get back to some sort of life.
I have my days, on the bad ones I want to crawl into a black hole and cry, and I think it is all too hard but on better days I think maybe, just maybe I might be able to get on with my life. It will be step by step. With a lot of community support and of course my family.
Being at the clinic offers a level of safety from the outside world and stepping outside into the big wide world is very daunting.

Anyway here are some photos I have taken over the past month...
Birthday flowers

Tofu- the kitten who comes to visit the clinic most days

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think of you often Megan and hope you continue to recover. If you still have my email address please get in touch. Ann Cramer xx