January 31, 2014

a bed

life is forever changing. from one day to the next is unknown. it is amazing how the mind/body adapts to such events that on paper would frighten anyone. adapting to different situations and places has been vital for me over the past 8 years. 

as a little girl right through to my early adolescent i found it very hard to stay a night away from home- there were quite a number of late night phone homes to come and pick me up from a friends place. however, once uni arrived then slowly my eating disorder i had to quickly learn to adapt to sleeping in lots of different places- hospital, inpatient care, home, family, on the floor, on a hospital bed and now even a respite bed. there is still that pit in my tummy of fear but  i just have to swallow and get on with it. a bed is a bed and yes, there is nothing like your own bed with your own sheets and pillows but sometimes you need to have a short change to get back on track. 

a bed is a bed. 


No comments: